Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue where i cannot close the view finder anymore on my HP sprocket 2 in 1.

The instructions given before do not seem valid anymore as i cann't find the same question and steps from the link.

Please advise how to fix the view finder issue.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @mashloh,

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

You could try performing a reset on the printer if it might help. 🙂

If the Sprocket does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the Sprocket with a straight pin to clear any errors.

1. Turn on the Sprocket.

2. Remove the paper cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

1. Slide the paper cover

2. Remove the paper cover

3. Locate the reset button.

4. Gently insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The Sprocket resets and turns off.

5. Turn on the Sprocket.

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

reset didn't help.

Still having problems closing the viewfinder. when i push it down it just keeps on popping back up.

HP Recommended

Hi Mashloh,

First of all, can i know how did you open your view finder?

The correct way is push it in and it will auto pop-up. If you did it incorrectly (eg, directly pull the view finder) you might damage the components inside. If that's really happened, unfortunately you have to bring your Sprocket to the customer service and let the staff fix it for you.

If you always follow the correct way. Probably you didn't push the view finder to the correct position. You need to push it inside and a little bit lower than the flat position. You can feel and hear that there is a "click". Then the view finder is closed and locked.

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.