Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sprocket printer
iOS

My sprocket didn't want to print, so I figured with thise forum that the firmware needed to be update.

I click the update and the downloading to my phone went fine.

However now the loading bar stops around 80 percent and has been like this for about 10 minutes. And it's from my phone to my printer. They are laying next to each other and the phone is  connected to wifi. i have a iPhone 5s.

I havent used the printer in a while (1-2 months), has that something to do with it?

Had this been a problem for anyone else.

However I do hope that the firmware update helps the not printing part of my problem. 

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Charlie010387@Animus08, and @scrappygolucky -

Thank for your continued feedback and being part of our team in addressing the ongoing iOS connectivity issues.  Could you please help us tremendously by trying an experiment on your devices?

Please try to "disable" the embedded experiences feature, clear the 'Print Queue' of any jobs, completely close and restart the Sprocket app, then see if you are still encountering the connectivity issue.

Here are the detailed steps:

1. Please see the document below on how to disable embedded experiences:
  2. After that, go into Menu -> Print Queue and click "Delete All", if available
  3. From there, please completely close the Sprocket app by going into the app switching view and swiping up to close the app.  Alternatively, you can restart your phone to close the app.
  4. Reopen the Sprocket app and power on your Sprocket unit.

Check connectivity from both the Menu, and by sending a print job.

Please let me know if that has any impact on the connectivity issues you're experiencing.  Thank you for being part of the solution!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended
I have the exact same problem on a sprocket less than a week old!
HP Recommended

I have seen a few reports of the firmware update hanging if the battery is not charged fully (green light on the printer).  I would suggest plugging in the charging adapter.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
I'm having the same issue with the firmware update. I have left the Sprocket plugged in till the green light / 100% is showing.

Using an iphone 8 to update, I am able to download the firmware update, but the installation progress stops at around 80%.

Using a Samsung galaxy android to update, I cannot get the download to complete.

Using a blackberry priv android to update, I get a firmware upgrade error.

It's ridiculous that this upgrade is seemingly so impossible to complete.
HP Recommended
I’ve tried it with the sprocket on full charge and plugged in - still no success!
HP Recommended

Hello @Charlie010387@Animus08, and @scrappygolucky -

Sorry to hear about the issues you encountered with firmware update through the sprocket app.

It sounds like you need to "update" your version of the Sprocket iOS app, then attempt a firmware update on your device.  You should be running app version 2.03.1 on your phone.

A more detailed set of instructions for how to resolve this issue are contained in the support document here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05300073

Hope that helps...

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
I mean of course I used the latest version of the Sprocket iOS app. I also used the latest android versions as well.

I have also been through the linked "fix" of forgetting the Sprocket and re-pairing.... No luck.

I suggest you guys test these upgrades more thoroughly before launching them. If I can't upgrade the firmware with three different devices the process is clearly broken.
HP Recommended

Hi @scrappygolucky - 

Have you updated your Apple (iOS) devices to version 11.2.1?  If not, I suggest you do that via your phone (Settings -> General -> Software Update), then reattempt the pairing and FW update process.

From what I've seen, you must be running a newer version of iOS to complete the update.

Thanks,

-Brandon

HP Recommended
Sprocket app is up to date. Fully charging everything doesn’t matter. iOS is also the newest update.

Anyone else any ideas?
Hope they will fix it soon.
HP Recommended
Agreed - having updated my software and it’s still not working, I conclude that there is nothing more I can do to fix this!!!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.