Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Photo Printer

Just set up my new hp sprocket. Followed all the directions, updated firmware, used the paper/blue card that came in the box. All 3 photos I've printed so far have a very distinct pink hue. I've looked at troubleshooting steps but nothing is fixingthe quality. One of the photos was taken by me  via my iphone6, so the picture quality should be very sharp. Very disappointing. How can this be fixed?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @bobriensan,

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers 

I understand that your printer has a print quality issue.

Appreciate your efforts!

No worries, I'll be glad to help you out with the issue.

Click on the below link for the print quality issue.

HP Sprocket Photo Printers - Improving Print Quality.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
Hi, I had already tried all those steps and they don’t fix the pink hue. Is this a Printer problem, in which case I will return the printer for a replacement. Or is it the paper that came with the printer, which would be unfortunate as paper is relatively expensive.
HP Recommended

Hi @bobriensan,

Thanks for the reply.

Please follow the below steps.

If the printer does not print when you send a print job or turn on when you press the power button, reset the printer with a straight pin to clear any errors.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure: Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

4. Turn on the printer.

Do get back to me as I have a few more tricks up my sleeve. Said that, if I have helped you resolve the issue.

Feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution'

Have a great day Ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

This did not fix the problem, in fact after resetting it's printing out even more pink than before. Please answer my questions:

1. Is this a Printer problem, in which case I will return the printer for a replacement.

2. Or is it the paper that came with the printer, which would be unfortunate as paper is relatively expensive and I've already wasted nearly all the paper that came with the printer. 

HP Recommended

Hi @bobriensan,

Thanks for the reply.

As you have already tried these steps and still having the issue, I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty, then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted on any other assistance.

Hope that helps! Let me know 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. 

To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I did call the support line and they said that the HP Sprocket is not eligible for phone support.

HP Recommended

Hi @bobriensan,

Thanks for replying to the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Have a great day.

Cheers!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.