Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Trying to find/alter a wireless headset so I can answer my calls THROUGH the headset and not a tiny little button on my computer screen.... please help.

I have been issued a work laptop through which I connect to a remote work station that projects onto two monitors. 

No hard phone anymore... we answer through Avaya Workplace.  

I tried two different wireless headsets with a Bluetooth dongle.... the Vonztek one straight up doesn't work unless you're answering through a cell phone. Reached out to them and was told most headsets are like this....

The plantronics one requires me to download their Poly app on my work computer and this is simply not allowed. 

I've tried my old Plantronics c054 headset using a USB Adapter Cable to RJ9 Female for Any Jabra QD Headset GN1200 (maybe this was my error? I need a different adapter?). No luck. That headset worked when we had a phone on the desk but we don't anymore....

Do I need an actually avaya headset? A different cable for my old one? I'm completely stuck and not sure where to go from here. 

It's entirely possible my employer has done something to block this capability no matter what I do - but they no longer provide tech support for non-company issued equipment. So here I am. 

Really feeling trapped so any help appreciated. 

Thank you. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @Bb1236, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Poly headset.

Could you please let me know the make and model of the headset with which you are facing issues so that I can assist you further?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Hello, @Bb1236, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Poly headset.

Could you please let me know the make and model of the headset with which you are facing issues so that I can assist you further?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.