Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
iOS

Hello,

I'm using a Poly Voyager 4320 with a Windows 10 laptop and iPhone (17.4.1).

On Windows, the headset works fine.

On my iPhone, if I use Teams, the headset works fine.

On my iPhone, if I make a regular phone call, my partners complain about not hearing me loud enough. I thought this is related to the iPhone settings, so I tried out all the iPhone BT Device types (Car Stereo, Headphone, Hearing Aid, Speaker, Other), but none of them have helped. I haven't found any other otption in iOs to boost the mic.

I've also downloaded the Poly Lens app hoping that the mic setting (volume of the mic) is there, but I haven't found it.

Do you have any idea why only phone calls are affected by low mic?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @omlas01, Welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with the Poly Voyager 4320. 

Could you please follow a few troubleshooting steps mentioned below and let us know if the issue persists?

1. Could you please try it with a different Android mobile phone or a PC?
2. Could you please restore the headset settings to default on the Poly Lens application by connecting the headset to the PC? Once done, please switch off and switch on the headset again to save the changes made. 
3. Could you please confirm if the provided USB dongle is connected to the PC?
4. Could you please set the headset as the default in the sound settings of the PC?

5. Also, you can adjust the headset volume by tapping the volume up (+) or down (-) button. 

Adjust headset microphone volume (softphone): Place a test softphone call and adjust the softphone volume and PC sound volume accordingly.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended
Dear Meghana,
thank you for your support. Let me answer your questions one-by-one:

1. Could you please try it with a different Android mobile phone or a PC?
A: No. I have only one PC where the headset works fine and only one iPhone where the regular phone calls are not. I don't use it with Android.

2. Could you please restore the headset settings to default on the Poly Lens application by connecting the headset to the PC?
A: Yes. It had no effect, the volume of the mic is still too low. I've tried another 4320 headset (my college's) and it works perfectly. I think my headset simply malfunctions.

3. Could you please confirm if the provided USB dongle is connected to the PC?
A: No, I don't use the dongle at all. Both PC and phone are directly connected via BT.

4. Could you please set the headset as the default in the sound settings of the PC?
A: It already is, but I think it's irrelevant. With PC everything is fine. Cellular phone calls with iPhone are the problematic ones.

5. Also, you can adjust the headset volume by tapping the volume up (+) or down (-) button. Adjust headset microphone volume (softphone): Place a test softphone call and adjust the softphone volume and PC sound volume accordingly.
A: The headset's speaker volume for me is fine. The problem is that the volume of the mic for the other person on the call is too low, so they can barely hear me. If I use it as soft phone (Teams), the volume of the mic is ok. If I use it for a regular phone call (cellular), the volume of the mic is low.
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the information. @omlas01 

I recommend you connect the USB adapter to the PC as the USB adapter enhances all the features, do a test call, and check if the microphone issue still persists. 

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.