Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 - 15-dq1010ca
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help locating an office or department to file a formal complaint with HP in Canada

I have spent 3 1/2 months interacting with numerous people in HP customer support.   It has been the most frustrating experience of my life.

I will not go into the myriad of problems that I have encountered (I have 5 pages of details documenting each call and interaction) but after 3 1/2 months they have determined that they cannot replicate the problem and closed the case.  I was given no explanation or details of what was done or how the testing was accomplished

Is there an ombudsman or complaint department that can review the case with me to discuss the process and outcome?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Mar19,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear about the challenges you've been facing with HP customer support. It can be incredibly frustrating when such issues persist over an extended period. We do not intend to let you down.

Due to limited support, I would request you contact our HP Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link.

https://www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI Rachel571.

Thank you for your quick response.  Unfortunately, that link takes me to the official HP Support Page and I am way beyond that.  I literally cried when I was transferred to the  CS Escalation  Customer Advocate after the initial frustrating 2 months,  and she told me that I would have to start the testing process all over before she could suggest anything.  I have no energy left to start the process again.  Although I first reported this in September, the extended warranty is now expired.

I have accepted that HP cannot assist with my battery drainage issue.  I will continue to use the laptop plugged in all the time, until I decide if i want to purchase a new laptop (which will NOT be an HP).  This from a client who has only ever used HP equipment over the last 40 years.

However, what I would like, is to obtain a detailed report of what was done to my computer - hardware, firmware, testing protocols, benchmarks.  If I decide to have an independent technician look at the unit, I will have to pay for this.  I need to be able to tell him what has already been done so that I am not paying double.   When I shipped the computer to the test centre, the documentation said that a technician may contact me if they cannot replicate the issue.  Not only did this not happen, when I asked to be able to speak with the technician, I was told they are not allowed to talk to the client.   I have no idea if the testing protocols remotely resemble how I operate at home.  I do not know what are acceptable levels of battery deterioration , either shutdown overnight or during the day when hibernating.

Finally, emotionally, I would like to make a formal complaint about how I was treated.  I did not even have the satisfaction of filling out a survey when the CS Advocate closed the case.  I don't know if she is able to turn off that option (because she knew it would be negative) or if those surveys are even read.  But at least it would have made me feel a bit better.  

This has been an exhausting 3 1/2 months and this little rant does not begin to cover the myriad of misinformation, miscommunication or any of the other misdirection along the way.  

Thank you again for addressing this complaint.  Perhaps this additional information will allow you to suggest a different path that I might pursue.

Regards,

Marr19

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.