Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ZBook Studio X360 G5 and G2 Dock
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows does not seem to retart after sleeping.  Unplugging and replugging the docking station doens't help. The only solution appears to be hard restart.  

Happened only recently and  possibly after 2021-09 Cumulative update 21H1 (KB5005565) installation on Sep 16, There are no outstanding updates from Windows or from HP Support Assistance. Unable to system restore to prior to the 2021-09 Cumulative Update - ie I appear to have all available updates installed.

I have three monitors connected to the Dock as well as ethernet.  The ZBook is closed, so only three monitors in use. Opening the notebook screen doens't help either.  I use a Dell bluetooth miuti-device keyboard and mouse.

I know the G2 Docks have been problematic for some, but I've not had any major issues in two years.  But this issue is a real problem as I am restarting a number of times per day.

The Windows System log appears to pick up the unplugging and replugging of the dock (Kernel-Power event - power source change)), suggesting Windows is running.

There are two sysem log errors

• The server AD2F1837.HPPowerManager_2.1.20.0_x64__v10z8vjag6ke6!App.AppXngas28faczgspv54wy50qqddq5r51rtw.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
  • The server AD2F1837.HPJumpStart_1.4.481.0_x86__v10z8vjag6ke6!App.AppXzsf06b8mcszwt1984bgexvdjfdbdaddg.mca did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

which I believe may have occurred prior to the forced shutdown

it seem like something wrong with the dock, as did a short I test to see if I have the problem with the notebook screen and a second HDMI conncected, but everything seemed to wake up from sleep ok.

Any suggestions to resolve, work around, or narrow down the actual problem?  

UPDATE

I believe the issue is with the Dock, since if I use four screens (ie with the ZBook), the system will wake from sleep, but the three external monitors are 'disconnected' and all windows are displayed on the notebook.  The ethernet port is also lost. Unplugging and replugging the dock restores the external monitors, but not alway the ethernet.

Whilst I can now restart without have to hard reset - there's still a problem - any suggestions to resolve?  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.