Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G8

My team uses HPIA more often than we do, but it is not practical because usually it takes between 5 and 30 minutes for the HPIA user interface to open. After i elevate and launch the EXE, i will often open Task Manager just to verify that the exe is running. After about 5 minutes i will see HPImageAssistant.dll start, but it will still be several minutes before the UI opens.

I suspect it is in part due to our proxy. Our organization uses Zscaler for proxy. Admin accounts do not get access to the proxy and therefore admin accounts have no access to the internet. The Security team did create a work-around using an alternate proxy - this i configured into the HPImageAssistant.dll.config file. This helped some in that the application usually doesn't just fail with "HP Image Assistant does not support Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, version 21H2 for this product." - this for an 840 G8 ... not likely.

My question is - how can i get HPIA to launch quickly every time?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

oops. forgot to say what version of HPIA.

currently using 5.1.8, but have had this problem for over a year with previous versions too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.