Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteBook 845 G8
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I recently purchased an HP Elitebook 845 G8 notebook, I'm coming from 830 G6.

I upgraded to Windows 11 Professional immediately and installed the updated firmware an drivers through Windows Update and HP Support Tool.

The Realtek RTL8822ce wireless network card have strange issues when connecting to 5Ghz Wifi network, I tried with my Office's AP and also with my Samsung Phone WiFi tethering in 5Ghz mode. No issue with 2.4GHz. In details, sometimes I see the SSID, it tries to connect but fails, if I turn off and reactivate WiFi from the OS sometimes I can't see the SSID anymore, but if I disable and re-enable the device from device manager and I'm lucky, I get connected successfully.

I already tried with latest driver from HP support page (2024.0.10.224), and with the lastest from Realtek (2024.0.10.225) or the default ones which comes with Windows 11.

So I tried booting from Windows 10 and I get the same issue. I get this problem with 2 identical notebooks.

I'm very disappointed with this, on al first class Elitebook device.

Obiouvsly the product is in warranty period.
What should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Seems like this forum is fulfilled of issues with this card, and seems like the best solution is to change it with another card from Intel, but this is unbelievable to me, with a brand new Elitebook...

I opened a ticket to HP Support but I got no answer for now. They said they need to investigate more on this case and they will call me later.

Let's wait and see...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.