Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 470 G5 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to upgrade to a 4TB M.2 SSD. I currently have a 256 GB SSD and I don't know if my laptop will support such a large drive. I know that this is possible when connected to a SATA connector.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that HP offered NVMe SSD's up to 512 GB in the model series.

HP ProBook 470 G5 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

That is usually just what HP offered in the model series, not the maximum capacity supported.

There are no programs that I know of that will let you know exactly how large a capacity your notebook's M.2 slot will support.

Theoretically the sky's the limit as long as the SSD fits in the slot.

The Crucial SSD report for your notebook indicates that they sell NVMe SSDs up to 4 TB in the model series, so you should be OK with a 4 TB drive.

HP - Compaq ProBook 470 G5 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Chapter 1 of the service manual indicates that HP offered NVMe SSD's up to 512 GB in the model series.

HP ProBook 470 G5 Notebook PC Maintenance and Service Guide

That is usually just what HP offered in the model series, not the maximum capacity supported.

There are no programs that I know of that will let you know exactly how large a capacity your notebook's M.2 slot will support.

Theoretically the sky's the limit as long as the SSD fits in the slot.

The Crucial SSD report for your notebook indicates that they sell NVMe SSDs up to 4 TB in the model series, so you should be OK with a 4 TB drive.

HP - Compaq ProBook 470 G5 | Memory RAM & SSD Upgrades | Crucial.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.