Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I want to upgrade my SSD to Samsung 860 QVO 2TB on Z440 workstation. Will workstation support it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

while it will work, i would be careful as "QVL" and MOST "TLC" ssd's are not certified for workstation usage. HP mostly recommended MLC based ssd's for workstation usage

if your z440 is used for home use and not business usage then you should have no issues over the expected lifetime of your installed ssd

the z440 is fully nvme compliant, has a onboard M.2 slot along with support for PCI-e x4 M.2 cards, It also supports SATA based SSD's on it's native SATA 6GBps ports

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

while it will work, i would be careful as "QVL" and MOST "TLC" ssd's are not certified for workstation usage. HP mostly recommended MLC based ssd's for workstation usage

if your z440 is used for home use and not business usage then you should have no issues over the expected lifetime of your installed ssd

the z440 is fully nvme compliant, has a onboard M.2 slot along with support for PCI-e x4 M.2 cards, It also supports SATA based SSD's on it's native SATA 6GBps ports

HP Recommended

Thanks for the answer. I use it mostly for 3D rendering and sometimes music production.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.