Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620, Z420
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hallo to the Community,

Since a few weeks I have a Z620 with an E5-1680 v2 and a second CPU E5-2687W v2. I'm just in the process of building up the machine. I also have two HP "Liquid Coolers" and both of them have some bubbles inside. One more the other less. We know that the HP's liquid coolers are AIO systems and it seems that these coolers have no way to refill in case of bubbles.

I inspected the complete cooler if I could see a way to refill it. Everything is seams to be closed. So I do not understand the way the cooler was build up without a way getting out some air during the build process. So I decides to de-sampled the complete cooler and hey I found the magic whole.

I have made some pictures of it and I tell you how to refill it.

In first place you have to unscrew the complete cooler.  The fan must go, the frame of the fan and the CPU plastic cover. You must be able to get to the pump. Do NOT unscrew the cooper plate. I did that to see what is under it and to make some pictures. As I'm doing this I do not trust my eyes - I saw a crew!!. That's the refill.

What you have to do is to unscrew only the 2 thin screws so that the pump cover goes away an hey you see that refill screw. You can open it carefully and do not loose the poetry! You can refill the pump with a very small injection. Be careful with the water. Every water outside the crew must be wipe of, because the near electronic board do not like water. Connect the pump to a 12VDC and let it run. If you hear bubbles again, stop and repeat until the air is out. Put the cooler together and no more bubbles

For information how it looks under the cooperFor information how it looks under the cooperThe refill screwThe refill screwRemove these 2 screwRemove these 2 screw

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Can someone explain to me why I do not see my pictures?
OK - done I see them.

HP Recommended

Hi Purecut,

The forum moderators need to approve any images before they are uploaded.

P.S. Nice piece of information that I am sure a few forum members will benefit from.

HP Z620 - Liquid Cooled E5-1680v2 @4.7GHz / 64GB Hynix PC3-14900R 1866MHz / GTX1080Ti FE 11GB / Quadro P2000 5GB / Samsung 256GB PCIe M.2 256GB AHCI / Passmark 9.0 Rating = 7147 / CPU 17461 / 2D 1019 / 3D 14464 / Mem 3153 / Disk 15451 / Single Threaded 2551
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.