Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-23-2011 11:56 PM
We have a H.323 trunk between our CMA4000 and our Avaya Communications Manager 5.2.1 server.
Our Avaya handsets can dial Polycom endpoints by their extension number, and the Polycom endpoints can dial the Avaya handsets.
But we are having trouble dialling from the Avaya handsets to the RMX2000 meeting rooms. When I dial the meeting room, I get the following in the log on the RMX:
"Status: Event Disconnect - Not a registered participant - release"
Are there any settings on the RMX or CMA that I can change to allow these Avaya handsets to participate in conferences?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-08-2011 11:25 PM
No. we don't have the Avaya licence installed on the RMX.
We are using a Avaya H.323 trunk to connect to the CMA as a Neighboring Gatekeeper.
With this, the following works:
- Video calls from Avaya handsets (with Avaya One-X Communicator) to Polycom HDX endpoints
- Video calls from Polycom HDX endpoints to Avaya handsets (with Avaya One-X Communicator).
- Audio calls from Avaya handsets to Polycom endpoints.
- Audio calls from Polycom endpoints to Avaya handsets
- Video calls from Avaya handsets (with Avaya One-X Communicator) to Polycom RMX Conferences and Entry Queues.
But this does not work:
6. Audio calls from Avaya handsets to Polycom RMX Conferences and Entry Queues.
The call seems to go through but drops out straight away.
Here are the Codec we are using on the Avaya H.323 trunk:
To me it looks like the problem is with the RMX. It doesn't seem to work with audio-only calls.
12-11-2011 07:41 PM
We have 12 Voice ports on our RMX and 42 Video ports.
Port Usage for voice is 0/12 but it still does not work.
I have also added the parameter PREFERRED_G711_MODE=YES to MCMS_PARAMETERS_USER. This does not seem to have done anything to help.