Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, I've just bought an HP Omen 16 B00172tx last week, and I have an issue with that straight away. I've never installed anything since the beginning I unboxed the laptop but updated the windows and drivers from the HP website. The problem is why my laptop is underperforming? I didn't even try to install a triple-A game, I just tried to watch 4K 60FPS video on youtube, and the performance on the task manager was very high. So high that the video and sound were lagging. Then I install steam and restore the DOTA 2 and CS GO game from my old laptop. And I felt like this RTX 3060 was so ***bleep***. Even my old omen GTX 1050 with 256 NVME could do better. The FPS was so low and it was lagging all the time.

I asked HP official support and HP support in my country, they helped me but the problem still exists. They suggested me to bring the laptop to HP service center. And today i was told by them that the problem is in the MAIN BOARD.

what i want to ask you guys is, since it is a main board problem, is it possible for HP to just replace the unit? It's brand new and I've never installed any other application except updating driver and windows and check the game performance by testing it with DOTA 2. But the problem is i bought it on a retail store and HP official store wont accept return from retail.

Any body have thoughts? please give me suggestions,

Thanks

Andri

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@pranataandrii

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  
In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon in the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pranataandrii

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,  
In order to bring your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon in the top-right corner of this screen.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.