Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP6715b
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

For the attention of a member of senior management at HP.

I have already requested on countless occasions from your Customer Support department for an ISO disk image (to use either with a CD-ROM or USB disk) for a BIOS update to Rev F.20 for my HP6715b (in order to use it with specific hardware I have) - or to give clear specific instructions on how to build my own. It should be fairly simple: a couple of DOS routines and the relevant bin files. But no-one has been able to help me, and every single one of them has just fobbed me off time and time again.

It should be that SP55556 is the correct Softpaq. The program is supposed to run from within the OS, but the readme file is sadly lacking in detail as it doesn't specify WHICH version of Windows. But anyhow, it doesn't work in XP or Vista, and I was advised (from elsewhere on the web, not your employees who were unaware of the fact) against using in Win 7 as there is a known issue that causes the laptop to be permanently bricked. Please explain to me the point of having a Softpaq if it doesn't do what it is supposed to do!!!!

Furthermore, the answers I get from your support staff (3 of them via online chat) are nonsensical, inarticulate, inept, unprofessional, incompetent, contradictory, unhelpful, show a complete lack of training, and the last one was just rude because it assumed I have unlimited money to go and buy another computer. That is simply not the case. (He said to me: "...however for better performance if you wish to upgrade to a newer HP unit, please contact HP reseller to source a newer HP unit". I find that attitude and comment DEEPLY OFFENSIVE, as it -wrongly - assumes that I am made of money.)

Please instruct all your operatives NOT to EVER tell me (and others like me) that my machine is obsolete. That is not a word that HP should be using.

It may be a legacy or a non-current product, but that shouldn't mean that HP have to wash their hands of the whole affair by telling me to "get in touch with local IT support" as one of your staff told me. That is what is called passing the buck.

For your information, there is no "local IT support" where I live, and even if there was they would not speak my language or be able to understand what I was telling them. And I bet you a pound to a penny they would tell me to contact HP support anyway.

Because the fact is, your corporation has made millions (billions?) of dollars selling these machines, and you therefore STILL have a moral and corporate responsibility to current owners of these computers. That revenue and those profits are why you and your colleagues have jobs with HP, and you should all never lose sight of that fact. Ever.

Only when there are no working examples of 6715b's left on this earth, is it acceptable for you to call my laptop obsolete.

Until such time, I DEMAND satisfaction in this case. One of your technicians knows how to provide me with the disk image file I need to update my BIOS. Please put me in touch with that person.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@roses2fr

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Moderator, please reinstate my last comment if you truly believe in freedom of speech.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.