Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/HP-Cafe-and-Lounge/WARNING-Warranty-and-customer-service-complaint/td-p...

previous case number: [Personal Information Removed]

case number: [Personal Information Removed]

While my laptop was under waranty the keyboard failed. I kept using the tablet which eventually crashed because of the hard drive. The unit was then sent in to HP by the geek squad. We also wrote that the keyboard was defective on the sales order. My understanding was that the entire unit would be throughly tested and fixed before it was returned to me as it was still under warranty. This is HP's guarantee which is a lie.

They sent me back the unit with the HD fixed but left the defective keyboard. The keyboard then quickly failed within the 3 month grace period. However due to my extensive travel schedule and family vacation I called a couple days after the 3 month period was up and was told I had to pay in full for the repair.

Granted I was a couple days late with the call however this should be covered because:

1)  The poor repair service i.e. sending the defective product back to me

2)  Dealing with a known issue with this product defective key boards

3) The product not physically in my hands on the start of the warranty date

I work for a muli national IT consulting firm that uses HP products. While this is a personal laptop I will be sure to let them know my thoughts. They are charging customers for known defective issues.

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

08/28/15- Jeff reached out to customer

I work for HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.