Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone I am in urgent need of help trying to install a designject 500 but have no drivers.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Have you tried looking at the HP product support tab and finding a driver there?  You may have to use a driver from windows 7.

If you can't find one there, check back.  Someone on the forum here may have a copy of the driver they can send to you.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Has your printer got a HPGL2 card if it has look for Designjet 510 drivers or you could try downloading HP instant print.

HP Recommended

I have now got my designJet 500 working, I went to Microsoft app shop paid £4.19 for a printer app? Printer download programe and it worked by down loading the drivers for the 510 model now printer works fine and you can use for most printer models not just HP now get perfect prints with clear colours.

If it helps anyone else then good and thank you all for your help.

Steven

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.