Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anybody have any recommendations for HP82 and HP11 ink cartridge and printheads replacements since HP has decided to obsolete the Designjet 510?  We have taken good care of our plotter and just need consumables.  I will never buy another HP product again.  Anybody else feel this way?  Now looking at a Canon Imageprograf TX series but, yikes!!  the price.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

There appears to be lots of ink out there for your plotter. Ink supplies do not stop after a printer is discontinued. The 510 is a good product but is based on a nearly 25 year old engine. Things change, all manufacturers discontinue products including Canon.  Canon's newest offerings do not even use ink, they use wax. The world of technology does not stand still.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

HP has discontinued both HP82 and HP11.  There are many "compatible" Chinese products that take 2 to 3 weeks to arrive; however, nothing guaranteed or highly rated.  I would like to hear from others who have actually purchased quality aftermarket products that will work.  Thank you for your consideration.  It is appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi Jim:

Do you by chance ever go on Ebay?  Search for "HP 82" and there are several different items for sale, both new and remanufactured.  I've purchased supplies from this seller before and haven't had any trouble:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/181716894904?hash=item2a4f2bc4b8:g:p~sAAOSwxcRW8vTe&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAA0I...

As you'll see there's quite a few original HP cartridges listed as well that I've also purchased in the past with no problems, even though they may be expired.  HP may have stopped production themselves but there is always an after-market  company that will step in to fill the void, as long as there's buyers for the product.

Here's a buy-it-now sale for the HP 10 XL cartridges as well.  This is another seller I've purchased from and had no problems:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/191833803878?hash=item2caa2f8c66:g:QH8AAOSwLpdW8vLS&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwN...

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find what you need.  Do read carefully and be sure the chips will work with your printer.  If they don't mention chip compatibility, ask about it before buying or move on to another seller.

Good Luck.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.