Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Help please. My plotter T795 does not recognize any of the printheads. If I put printhead on a paper tissue , the 2 rows of ink show fine, but never completes printhead substitution. Run drop detector calibration and it fails, but if fails without moving carriage over the drop detector, just does not move.

Also, when running printhead substitution, it does not show any 52:10 error, corresponding to drop detector error.

Replaced drop detector and still not completing printhead substitution.

It seems to me like a printhead chip problem. How to know for sure before buying new printheads?

Does the plotter really use drop detector to detect bad printheads? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Also check to make sure that all the contacts on the printhead and carriage are free from ink or debris.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

How much ink is in your cartridges?  If any of them are low, the printhead replacement process won't complete.  The carriage won't move from it's home spot if it senses a low ink level on any of the colors.  You'll want to be sure each color is around 25% full.  

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

Also check to make sure that all the contacts on the printhead and carriage are free from ink or debris.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.