Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
HP DesignJet Z6dr 44-in PostScript Printer with V-Trimmer TAA Compliant
Microsoft Windows 11

My Z6DR occasionally  stops displaying its home screen coming out of sleep. It will show the HP logo screen. Panel buttons do not respond. The printer does however still print when sent a job.

Any ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

We had a customer with a similar issue, luckily they were still under warranty because I believe the fix in the end was to replace the main board. No guarantee you have the exact same issue. First thing you should try is updating the firmware to the newest revision and you can also try performing a factory restore.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

From my printer, it says I have the latest FW, 09_22_51.2, on the HP site there is a 09_23_48.1. I would think 09_23_48.1 is newer, not sure why the printer does not find it. Without knowing what 09_23_48.1 really is, I have not tried to install it.

Is it common for a newer FW to be on the site, but not where ever the printer is actually checking?

Thanks

HP Recommended

There is often a delay between when firmware is published and the database that printers check are synchronized.  Download the new firmware, copy to a USB drive and insert in the front usb port near the control panel. Plotter will scan the drive, find the firmware and then ask if you want to install.

The website shows that this update is security fixes but provides no exact details.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I updated the firmware. It can take a week to see if it helped anything.  I guess the good thing is, the printer still works regardless, just need to reset it.

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.