Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi guys,

Just my 2 cents worth after skimming through all that has been said so far.

a 3:10 power supply error is usually caused when the cooling fan in the power supply seizes.

this will cause an overheating issue within the Electronics module and give you either the error or a shutdown.

I would replace the Power supply or open the power supply and take the fan to an electronic store and replace with one as close in specs as possible. (I have done the fan replacement with an estimated 75% success rate)

NOTE: Mind the fan airflow direction on old fan so you install new one correctly.

good Luck,

Roy K

HP Recommended

Thanks David and Roy

1.  I removed all the printheads  Same thing happens.

2. I checked the connection on the left side at the main pca and it is fine.

3.  Following some voodoo like but seemingly harmless advice suggested on another forum where someone had a similar problem, I shut down and restarted the printer four times.  No effect.

4. I also ran the carriage diagnostic module and ended up getting the same 03:10 error.  Here is what I saw in the screen in order.

Starting Horsburgh.

Starting Nvm.

Accessing Nvm.

Starting adcManagerHorus

Starting Carriage

03:10

5. There doesn't seem to be any seizure in the cooling fan, but I'm not sure.  The fan picks up in speed and remains going fast as the carriage assembly is initiated (just prior to all 03:10 errors I experienced).  A new OEM power supply unit is $170 (does this include the fan?  It's unclear from the picture), which I suppose I could get along with a PCA trailing cable as a next step.  Thoughts on that? 

HP Recommended

The Power Supply includes the fan.

Or

you could order the Main PCA which comes with a Power supply and kill 2 birds with one stone.

(just in case the issue is deeper)

Roy K

HP Recommended
Thanks Roy. I'm trying to come to grips with where I should abandon my efforts and get a new printer.

Here's where I come out. If I spend another 1,000 USD or more to fix it, I'd rather have used that money to get a new printer. If I spend $800 to buy a new main board and trailing cable, I'd hope to have a 90% chance of fixing it. If I spend $350 for a new power supply and trailing cable, then a 50% chance.

I realize I'm setting up a judgment call here, but based on what we know, what do you think?
HP Recommended

Doooh!  I am a goofball.  As I was preparing a new parts order, I just realized I bought the carriage PCA for the z3100 instead of the z3200ps.  I'm going to reorder the correct part (and a new carriage trailing cable) and we will see what that does.

HP Recommended

OK.  Just ordered all OEM new and correct (1) carriage PCA board (hey David, thanks one more time for hanging in), (2) carriage ribbon cable and (3)  a new power supply, including fan.  

We will see where it goes. I have noticed that HP seems not to be supplying many smaller parts that might be needed for the Z3200ps 44".  I actually do dream nowadays of an HPZ3200ps verB+1. We will see where this goes.

I'm off to Canon probably if this doesn't work out, but need to remember local warranties and service as I do.  

brad

HP Recommended

Update. I replaced the carriage PCA board (with the right one), the ribbon cable, and later the power supply.  I booted the printer up in diagnostic mode to see if it was the PCA board or the Power Supply.  The PCA board alone did not solve the problem.  That plus the new Power Supply appeared to solve the problem, but only with a few diagnostic tests that failed before.

I am rebooting the entire system now for the fifth time, the exterior is not fully assembled yet but taping the cover and paper lever back as David Zutz eearlier suggested.  That seems to work.  But as I reboot everything, it has been drawing off inks crazily.  I have replaced four catridges, and one printhead so far.  

Rebooting again now.

HP Recommended

Oh my god.  David, it's preparing to print the alignment.  🙂  

covers still off.

HP Recommended

Alignment success.  Cleaning all printheads now.

HP Recommended

It's all about back to normal now.  I will need to replace all dormant printheads that are not pasing the line tests. That's c 300 bucks, but about 200 bucks worth of that was due before I had this problem.

I will do a run through all diagnostics tomorrow before reassembling the shell.

I do think that variable local power supply surges might be responsible

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.