Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a client who has a Windows 10 Pro x64 computer and a Designjet T650 36in. plottter. Print Preview was working fine until a few weeks ago. Then he received the on-screen message "Print Preview version is outdated. Please install the latest version from HP ....."

So, I searched for a later Print Preview version. Found one - then uninstalled the current one - downloaded the new one and installed it. Unfortunately, the same error message popped up.

So, I uninstalled the plotter driver and also uninstalled the Print Preview program. Restarted the computer. Downloaded the Plotter driver -  HP Designjet and Printer driver installer (HP-DesignJet-and-PageWide-XL-Installer.exe  version 3.4.2211.1644). This is a driver pack that comes with the plotter driver, Print Preview and a plotter utility. Installed the driver and made sure that the plotter could print. Then I uninstalled the Print Preview app that came with the driver pack. Restarted the computer.

Found the latest Print Preview installation file (version 2.2310.0.340). Installed the app and tried to print. The same error message appeared "Print Preview version is outdated.". I could cancel or print the plot. However, any features of Print Preview are unavailable.

Other than waiting for a possible newer version of Print Preview, what other suggestions do you have?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

HP Click try it

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

The client wants to use the driver intended for this Designjet. The latest Print Preview file was installed yet that also fails to work. The purpose of Print Preview is to give the user an on-screen preview of what is about to be printed. Hence, providing a real-time preview and last minute check of the plotter printout.

It's a nice solution to checking your printout rather than having to waste endless yards of plotter paper before you get the correct printout.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.