Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Designjet T-120
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

EditorMod.jpg

I'm starting to get annoyed by this printer !

See the attached picture please

How do I remove the custom size on this dumb ass control panel ?

(Circled as number 1)

OR

How do I fix this margin getting cut off of the print ?

(Illustrated by number 2)

It's even worse for a longer paper length

If both problems could be resolved, I'd be twice as grateful

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@lucas_demh 

OK - software alone won't fix the issue and / or the current software does include the feature needed.

I will forward a request to our moderator team to review and possibly escalate your concern.

Will anything come of the request?

Possibly.

There are methods to deal with stubborn printers that -- even assuming we know or suspect the solution -- those of us outside of HP are not allowed to share. 

Request for Review – Please Read

I have submitted a request to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hey HP !

I need an answer for this question !

SINCE YESTERDAY !

Time to take some responsibility for your fauly devices !

HP Recommended

OK HP

If you're not gonna clean your own sh... mess, then Tell me how to get the previous drivers and utilities

There used to be more options there. Ones that actually worked.

HP Recommended

@lucas_demh 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

Our Community is not HP Support.

I am sorry you are having problems.

What you are doing is the equivalent of standing on a street corner, yelling at strangers, and demanding they fix your problems.

Part of the reason you might not have received an answer is that simply because we are a group of volunteers -- perhaps no one has experience with your device.  Perhaps it is another reason - we are few and those who need help are many.

The following is offered FYI -

Use or Ignore as suits your situation.

I would guess that if the software worked before and does not work now,

If the printer is similar at all to others (that are) not of this same kind,

then reloading the full driver software might help.

It is generally necessary that you first uninstall the existing software.

If you have not done so,

Uninstall the printer software from Programs and Features

Restart the computer and log in

Check in Devices and Printers for "lingering software" -- If found, Right-Click > Remove > Restart the computer

Download / Save / Run the Installer - during the installation, select your software

HP DesignJet and PageWide XL Windows Printer Driver installer 

After the software in installed, Restart the computer and log in

References / Resources

Software and drivers for HP DesignJet T120 Printer 

HP DesignJet T120 and T520 Printer Series - User's Guide

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), Supplies, and more

Open

HP DesignJet T120 Printer 

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Well said Dragon.

I don't work for HP....I just repair their printers.
HP Recommended

"Our Community is not HP Support."

I'm glad you noticed that my justifiable angry complaints are directed to the HP company, not the community of volunteers.

But the protest stays. This company (and other people) should hear it.

Anyway

Bulldozing the driver and everything HP related did not work. The custom sizes remained on the computer after reboot. In fact: other printers now also show those custom sizes, including the PDF printer (before the question arises: the custom sizes were created on HP's utility, not outside of it).

The driver/utility I installed many times is the one from your link. Over 1 GB in size. It's also the one where my screenshot came from.

My memory might be tricking me, but older drivers did not have this problem. The interface was less shiny, but easier to handle. There was a "delete size" option

HP Recommended

@lucas_demh 

OK - software alone won't fix the issue and / or the current software does include the feature needed.

I will forward a request to our moderator team to review and possibly escalate your concern.

Will anything come of the request?

Possibly.

There are methods to deal with stubborn printers that -- even assuming we know or suspect the solution -- those of us outside of HP are not allowed to share. 

Request for Review – Please Read

I have submitted a request to our Community moderators for review and possible escalation of your question.

Worth Noting

• Our Community is a user group.
  • We are not HP Technical Support, nor are we HP Sales, Service, or Warranty.
  • Our request for assistance on your behalf does not influence the outcome.
  • The time frame (how long it takes) to receive a response from HP is not controlled by the Community.

Important

• Do not contact phone or email posted in a public or private message from “new” members.
  • Please do not post any personal information in the Community.  We are a public resource.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thank you for directing the issue.

Since these are three crytical problems, I'm faithful they will fix it soon

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.