Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

I installed 3 different new cartriges with same error code.  Do you typically sell that many defective cartridges or is it something else.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

If you alerady used different inks from different lots, I dont think it is a problem with the inks, but with the Printhead

Have you notice any leak on the ink cartridges?

Also, is the firmware up to date?

Best regards

Mike G

I'm an HP Inc employee. But my response is not in behalf of HP Inc
HP Recommended

I did not go out and buy even more ink for a printer that does not work past it's first cartridge replacement.  I have tried the 3 cartriges that I have in stock. all with the same result.  I looked inside the print head all the contacts appear to me new and clean. I did a hard reset and updated the firmware same result.  Replaced the cartridge  again and turned the machine off and on again and now the error message is that there is a "PRINTER FAILURE (tell me about it) problem with the printer or ink system.."

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please note the below information:

Problem: New Ink Cartridges replaced and getting ink cartridges damage or printer failed.

In this situation you should replace new print head (P/N: C1Q10A). And after replacing the new print head problem will solved.

If face you face the problem only printer failure, please check the service station all movement with connection. If all are ok then need to replace the new print head.

Remember always used inductory ink cartridges which is comes with prin heads.

Then that problem will solved it.

Please contact with your nearest HP Service centre or HP Service Partner. So that you may collect it easily. or purchase from below link:

ebay Link-1

ebay Link-2

Regards,
Rashed

Regards/Rashed
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rasheddul
HP Recommended

Is this the only way to fix this lightly used printer?

HP Recommended
If your printer covered under warranty please contact with your nearest HP Partner or HP Service centre for warranty claim..... You may get new printhead from them....
Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

No my printer was not under warranty any longer and HP Support was absolutely uncooperative about how to fix the problem.

Wouldn't talk to me or respond to any emails, just wanted to sell me support

Found the solution on an independent support site that I had to repalce the entire Print head Carriage.

HP Recommended
So you need to replace new printhead which info. Already share with in my fist reply... Please check
Regards/Rashed
HP Recommended

Sorry, but I was hoping HP would actually talk to me after I bought a THOUSAND DOLLAR PRINTER FROM THEM

Foolish me

HP Recommended

@DJAurand

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.