Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-16-2019 09:57 AM
Hello @ServiceDesk ,
welcome to the Polycom Community.
Both the community's Must Read First and the community's FAQ reference the basic minimum information a new or follow up post should contain.
This ensures the questions having to be asked are limited and any new or follow up post contains the right amount of details to ensure any voluntary participant within the community does not spend additional time chasing basic information.
As a reminder the basic information asked for:
- Provide the exact Software Version of your Phone
- Provide the Phone Model
- Provide the Call Platform (aka openSIP,Skype for Business Online, Skype for Business on Premise, Lync)
- Additional Polycom Infrastructure (RPRM,PDMS or BToE)
- If applicable provide a backup of the phone in question
UC Software 4.0.0 or later via the Web Interface Utilities > Phone Backup & Restore > Phone Backup > Phone Backup. Please rename into .TXT or Zip the file to attach.
Since UC Software 5.9.0 simply provide this via the Web Interface Diagnostics > Download Support Information Package
- If possible provide a Log and either attach them or use the Code Tag.Consult the Troubleshooting Section found within the FAQ if applicable
- If possible provide the MAC Address or Serial of the device
- Provide details for example if the issue is a day 1 issue or only happened after an upgrade or any other relevant details
- For questions around Support please check here
Whilst providing some of these details may not directly impact any possible answer the community can provide, it does enable Polycom to have an overview of the current software used. In addition providing all details at the same time allow us to check logs or look up a potential support partners if an issue needs to come into support. It also enables us to verify the entitlement for using features.
Please ensure you always check the FAQ's and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.
Apr 5, 2016 Question:Can I customize the background and/or Picture of a Polycom Visual+ connected to a Polycom Trio?
Resolution: Please check => here <= for details.
Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.
Polycom Global Services
Notice: This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge. If you need immediate and/or official assistance please open a service ticket through your support channels.
Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN