Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 30L AMD Ryzen 7-Series - 3700X - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 - 1TB HDD + 256G 87C3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Screenshot 2021-09-21 204114.pngScreenshot 2021-09-21 203936.pngScreenshot 2021-09-21 203211.pngAs of yesterday, 09/20/2021, audio stopped coming out of my Steelseries Arctic 3 headset. Immediately I assumed the headset was broken, but plugging it into my old HP OMEN laptop, the headset is working perfectly fine. I started by looking at the drivers (in the Audio inputs and outputs as well as Sound, video and game controllers subcategories,) updated all of them, restarted and still no sound. Thereafter I tried using the "rollback feature" to move to a previously released driver, restarted, and still no sound. Only thing I've noticed is that at 09/20/2021, my drivers auto-updated at 6:48 AM, and when I got home from work later in the day, there was no sound. Audio comes out of the NVIDIA High definition audio device in the sound control panel (out of my monitor,) but not out of the Realtek(R) Audio. I googled around for a few hours yesterday and tried a few things, like setting certain devices as my default device, but still nothing. Furthermore, when I plug my headset into the back end of the PC, the sound panel says Headphones Realtek (R) Audio not plugged in, but when I plug it into the front side of the PC, it recognized the Headphones are plugged in, but still no audio. Pls help

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jason9718

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help,

I understand that you experiencing an issue with Audio out, I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue.

Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows tool to perform an Audio Playback Test. This checks the functionality of the audio subsystem, including audio controllers and codecs.

1. Go to HP Hardware Diagnostics to install the latest version of HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows.

2. After the installation completes, search Windows for HP PC Hardware Diagnostics Windows, right-click the app in the results, and then select Run as administrator to open the tool.

HP PC Hardware Diagnostics for Windows Main Menu

3. Click Component Tests > Audio > Audio Playback Test.

Component Test menu with Audio selected

4. Click Run once, and then select an audio output device to run the test.

Select an audio output device to test

• If the audio test fails, write down the 24-digit failure ID code (also available in the Test Logs), and then contact HP Customer Support, or service the computer.

• If the audio test passes but the issue persists, use Microsoft System Restore or HP System Recovery to fix the problem.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ive tried uninstalling, doing a system restore and every possible solution posted and it still fails and doesnt work. and the weired part is until this morning it was working please assist asap 

HP Recommended

@Ahmed_pik

Thank you for posting back. 

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. The last thing I can suggest trying to restore a computer back to the factory default, which will isolate whether it’s a software or hardware issue. 

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.