Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-1000i (6V9R9AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I am trying to get surround sound working on a new HP Victus PC with a Reno 2 mainboard. According to the website, it should support 5.1 sound, but apparently the audio jacks on the back of the PC are only audio out, audio in and mic in. I tried plugging in speakers there, but there is no option anywhere in the settings to enable 5.1 sound, only stereo is offered. Is there some trick like re-installing the Realtek drivers? I'm not sure which ones would be the correct ones, though...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Link36,
i had the same issue, searched the forums and got nowhere....

i was playing with the app HP Audio Center until i finally did it... its really simple and nobody noticed...

1. Use all the audio jacks at the back
  • Green (Front Left &Right)
  • Blue (Surround Left & Right)
  • Pink (Center & Subwoofer)
  1. Open the app HP Audio Center
  2. Go to the Advanced settings tab
  3. Disable multi streaming *** THIS IS THE KEY**
  4. Go to speaker configuration
  5. Select 5.1 Surround
  6. Test & enjoy

Install HP Audio Center if you don't have it
https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NSSRGMH5940?hl=en-us&gl=US

i hope this helps everyone having this issue 😀

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Link36,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to assist you.

I see that you are facing an issue with your Laptop.

To figure 5.1 sound on your PC, here are the simple steps you should follow:

1. Press the Windows key + R.
  2. Once the Run window is open, type “mmsys. cpl. “
  3. Navigate to “Playback.”
  4. Select a playback device that outputs 5.1 sound.
  5. Select 5.1 Surround and hit “Next.”

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a great day ahead!

Irwin6

HP Support

Irwin6
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

Hi @Link36,
i had the same issue, searched the forums and got nowhere....

i was playing with the app HP Audio Center until i finally did it... its really simple and nobody noticed...

1. Use all the audio jacks at the back
  • Green (Front Left &Right)
  • Blue (Surround Left & Right)
  • Pink (Center & Subwoofer)
  1. Open the app HP Audio Center
  2. Go to the Advanced settings tab
  3. Disable multi streaming *** THIS IS THE KEY**
  4. Go to speaker configuration
  5. Select 5.1 Surround
  6. Test & enjoy

Install HP Audio Center if you don't have it
https://apps.microsoft.com/detail/9NSSRGMH5940?hl=en-us&gl=US

i hope this helps everyone having this issue 😀

HP Recommended

Hi Alleni7, this worked, thanks a lot! I had somehow managed to get quadrophonic sound running (no idea how), now I can finally switch to 5.1 surround. I don't think I will miss multi streaming, whatever that is. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

IMPORTANT UPDATE... Solving this issue gives you a new one (mic related)...

You cannot use the 3.5 jack at the front and the 5.1 sound at the same time...  (only 4.0 / quadraphonic)

So the issue goes like this, if you try to connect mic only at the front 3.5 jack you will lose all audio because the system does not care what you connect... it gets treated as a headset anyway (headphones & mic combo)

And as far as i know there's no way to tell the system that you plugged a mic only at the front, in order to get the audio sent to the 5.1 rear jacks

To be able to get the front 3.5 jack as a mic and sound from the rear 3.5 jack to your system

You will have to go back & do the following:

• Enable multi streaming
  • Remove the cable from Pink jack (Center & Subwoofer) (if you don't do this the system will ignore the front mic and work only with the rear mic jack *Pink) (getting to this point it makes no sense to use the front jack, I know but I will continue just to explain the whole issue)
  • Connect your mic to the front 3.5 jack using a TRRS connector (if you use a TRS it will get treated as Headphones)
  • Go to Control panel > Hardware & sound > Sound> Playback Tab > Select Speaker as default audio device (instead of headphones)
  • Now you will be able to use your 5.1 as a 4.0 (quadraphonic) and your front 3.5 jack as a mic... but getting to this point all the hassle makes no sense... you should just use the rear 3.5 mic jack (the pink one)

(TLDR) So to summarize: you can't simultaneously use the 5.1 sound and a mic that uses a 3.5 connector even though you have the front jack available... you are left only with 4.0 and the rear mic jack (or pointlessly struggling to use the front jack)

*Unless the devs or someone releases a new driver that lets you choose or detect what device you plugged in at the front 3.5 jack*

PS. The mic I’m using is a wireless Comica BoomX-D, that's why I’m able to change the connector from TRS to TRRS.

PS. I was trying to game, chat & enjoy the 5.1 to no avail…

this might not help but... THE MORE YOU KNOW...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.