Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I just got fiber internet and need to update my network adapter.  Can anyone tell me a new 10Gbps network adapter for my desktop model TP01-2347c?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @MKS264948,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP TP01-2347c Desktop Computer typically comes with a PCIe x1, PCIe x16, and M.2 slots for expansion. If you're planning to add a 10 Gigabit network adapter, you'll need to make sure that you have an available PCIe x4 or PCIe x16 slot because 10 Gigabit network adapters typically require at least PCIe x4 for optimal performance.

Before purchasing the network adapter, you should check the specifications of your computer to ensure compatibility with the adapter and confirm that there's an available PCIe slot of the appropriate size. Additionally, ensure that your power supply can handle the additional power requirements of the new adapter.

Once you've confirmed compatibility and have the necessary hardware, adding the 10 Gigabit network adapter should be a straightforward process. Just power down your computer, open the case, insert the adapter into an available PCIe slot, secure it in place, and then power your computer back on. After that, you may need to install drivers for the new network adapter if they're not automatically detected and installed by your operating system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MKS264948,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The HP TP01-2347c Desktop Computer typically comes with a PCIe x1, PCIe x16, and M.2 slots for expansion. If you're planning to add a 10 Gigabit network adapter, you'll need to make sure that you have an available PCIe x4 or PCIe x16 slot because 10 Gigabit network adapters typically require at least PCIe x4 for optimal performance.

Before purchasing the network adapter, you should check the specifications of your computer to ensure compatibility with the adapter and confirm that there's an available PCIe slot of the appropriate size. Additionally, ensure that your power supply can handle the additional power requirements of the new adapter.

Once you've confirmed compatibility and have the necessary hardware, adding the 10 Gigabit network adapter should be a straightforward process. Just power down your computer, open the case, insert the adapter into an available PCIe slot, secure it in place, and then power your computer back on. After that, you may need to install drivers for the new network adapter if they're not automatically detected and installed by your operating system.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

A big help.  Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.