Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite Convertible Minitower PC
Microsoft Windows 11

I want to buy an AMD Radeon R5 340x but I'm still unsure whether the VGA can be used on my PC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yes, you should be able to.

I installed a Nvidia GT1030 in my HP 8000 Elite CMT and that card was released to market later than the R5 340X.

The 320W power supply is sufficient and there should be plenty of room inside the PC to fit the card.

Make sure you install the card in the black PCIe x16 slot and not the white PCIe x 4 slot that looks exactly the same as the x16 slot.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

If you install a graphics card, the onboard Intel graphics will be disabled, so you won't be able to use the existing VGA port.

HP Recommended

sorry but what I mean is that AMD Radeon R5 340x can be installed on my PC or not?😁😁

HP Recommended

Yes, you should be able to.

I installed a Nvidia GT1030 in my HP 8000 Elite CMT and that card was released to market later than the R5 340X.

The 320W power supply is sufficient and there should be plenty of room inside the PC to fit the card.

Make sure you install the card in the black PCIe x16 slot and not the white PCIe x 4 slot that looks exactly the same as the x16 slot.

HP Recommended

OK, thank you bro for answering my question😁🙏

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

One other thing...it is a low-profile card but make sure it has the standard silver PCI mounting bracket that is used in standard size tower PC's such as ours.

The card can come with the shorter mounting bracket used in the small form factor PC's.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.