Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Compaq 6000 Pro Sff
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

So I have an HP Compaq 6000 Pro SFF for about 10 years and all of a sudden it did not boot up. There was no beeping or red light. Also the cpu fan is very loud. Oh and the Hdd activity light doesn't seem to be lighting up.
Can someone please help me.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

wow Compaq  11 years old max.  no battery runs that long, so.... we...

most PCs this old fail, ,  bad batteries top that list RTC coin cell dead. and is always check first in any shop or go broke fast.

ok fan runs good facts there.

HDD is last in the chain of events, not 1st.

first is BIOS dead or not.  Esc key dead. screen dead,

and power lamp, dead or glows or blinks is next ,

and the 10 second power on button Intel rule , power one button , hold 10 seconds and release. work now?

the my Cold hard power reset (AC line  pulled) step 1 to 4 done. here.

the battery is sold at walmart CR3020,  but Xmas shoppers made there  battery racks here, empty in watch department,

they have racks up front and in CAR depart ment too for car  door FOBS. hint hint.

or C19 run on batteries, IDK.

below 2.9vdc is NO GOOD..

q1; does your PC have the optional GPU card in PCI-express slot? seen on the rear,  if yes you must use this port or remove the card to use iGPU.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.