Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

hi,

I have a HP Pavilion p6-2110eb Desktop PC.

I dont find a bios version 8 on the hp support site.

Do I have a bios 8? 

Can a gtx 750 ti run a bios version 7?

HP Recommended

@Siemen

Your first post indicated that you had a HP Pavilion p6-2110 and not the eb model.  You were given the correct information based on the information that you had posted.

And now you want change graphics cards?

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

@Big_Davewrote:

Hi,

The onboard video is automatically disabled when a graphics card is installed and recognized by the BIOS.

The NVIDIa GTX 1050 will require a HP version 8 BIOS.  You can check the HP Support server for the latest BIOS update if needed.

Good day,

If I want to install a GeForce GT3010 on HP dc5800 Small Form Factor, will the desktop also disable the integrated graphic automatically or do I have to do it manually?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

I would like to inform that I have upgraded the HP dc5800 small form factor desktop with a used GALAX GeForce® GT 1030 EXOC White - Graphics Card (http://www.galax.com/en/graphics-card/galax-geforcer-gt-1030-exoc-w.html). So far I think the BIOS automatically disable the on board graphic card.

However, I think the original HP L1710 monitor that comes together with my HP dc5800 small form factor is not compatible with the GT1030 graphic card. The HP L1710 monitor only only has VGA input while the GT1030 graphic card only has DVI DVI 24 + 1 and HDMI inputs. I tried to use DVI 24 + 1 to VGA adapter at graphic card, but so far there is no video displayed at the HP L1710 monitor.

At this moment, I'm temporarily using the upgraded HP dc5800 small form factor desktop with my LG 42' LED TV through HDMI cable. I will purchase a used AOC 2341Vg 23" in few more days to be used together with upgraded HP dc5800 small form factor desktop.

If everything goes on well, I would like to upgrade the desktop with NVidia GeForce GTX1050/1050Ti.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.