Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Can the Dorado Micro ATX be compatible with the RTX 4070? if not what are some graphic card upgrades could i use

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Stevenm77_,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

What is your OMEN model -better yet, product SKU/product number (xxxxxx#ABA)?

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Device name DESKTOP-8A4IK0H
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
Installed RAM 40.0 GB (39.9 GB usable)
Device ID 4CB8B636-9A49-475E-B25C-F5EDCB620EFA
Product ID 00342-21941-61124-AAOEM
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
 Serial number

2MD1491S1B

HP Recommended

@Stevenm77_,

Yes, you can upgrade your OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12-022qd CTO (7WM47AV) :

NonSequitur777_0-1715136337356.png

Your PC is fitted with a Dorado motherboard (SSID: 8704) and is compatible with an RTX 4070, like this User did: HP OMEN 25L Desktop GT12-0xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark.

If you go this route, I would recommend a smaller-sized (two fan) model, powered by a single 8-pin PCIe power cables, such as this model: ASUS DUAL RTX 4070 Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database.

The TDP (total design power) of this card is 200-watt, and the manufacturer recommends a minimum 650-watt power supply.  This brings me to my second recommendation: upgrade your power supply if your current PSU is less than 600-watt, with a fully modular power supply such as the 750-watt Corsair RM750e.  Of course, you could choose something less expensive, such as the non-modular 750-watt ARESGAME AGV750.

Other upgrade options:

1.) Processor upgrade: i7-10700, i7-10700F or an i9-10900, and even the i9-10900K or i9-10900KF are compatible with your rig.

2.) Upgrade your RAM to at least a total of 32GB (4 x 8GB or 2 x 16GB) -if you are interested in this upgrade, please let me know since your PC is rather finnicky when it comes to RAM and achieving max (3200 MHz) RAM speed.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Yes i am interested in upgrading the pc but i don’t know how to replace the parts i need to upgrade. I don’t want to break or ruin the parts so i would need a step by step guide on how to change the parts

HP Recommended

@Stevenm77_,

Probably best to leave the processor upgrade for last, then.

I would like you to check the wattage of your power supply -probably a 500-watt ATX "Cooler Master" with p/n: L20529-001 or L84091-001 -please verify.

You need to give careful thought what you want to upgrade, and what your budget is. For example, an RTX 4070 is pretty expensive, and unless you plan/budget to game at high 2K or 4K display resolution, perhaps an RTX 4060 (such as: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database) or an RTX 4060 Ti (such as: ASUS DUAL RTX 4060 Ti OC Specs | TechPowerUp GPU Database) would do just as well, and at considerably lower cost -and you wouldn't need to upgrade your power supply either.

Give it some thought, look in YouTube for OMEN 25L Desktop - GT12 upgrade projects, and figure out how much you want to spend.  You can do it in steps, and not everything at once.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

I chose to go with the asus dual rtx 4060 Ti oc. It is cheaper and I wouldn’t need a power supply

HP Recommended

@Stevenm77_,

Good choice!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.