Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TE01-4000i (6V9A5AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I have the HP ENVY Desktop TE01-4244Bundle PC (7G927AA) and I want to know how to enable pcie bifurcation.  I have the asus hyper m.2 x16 card v2 and can only use 1 of the 4 ports for the nvme ssds i want to use.  

i was unware of pcie bifurcation before i bought it.  It reads the nvme on slot 1.  i read you can put them in different configurations but my second nvme won't be recognized in any of the other 3 slots.  How do i enable bifurcation?  I have been in the bios but don't see how to do it.  

I know the cpu supports it - the intel i5-13400.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @earlofpreston 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

I don't mess around with PCIe to M.2 adapters.

It seems you need a lot of fast NVME storage. I don't know if your PC is a good fit for this.

You should be able to do four NVME drives in an x16 adapter if the PCIe x16 slot (which runs from the CPU) is wired for x16. Check the x16 slot to verify it has contacts along the entire x16 slot.

I don't know if you would find a setting in your PC's BIOS/EFI to fix a bifurcation issue.

I have seen M.2- NVME drive problems when the M.2 socket or the PCIe to M.2 adapter runs off the chipset. 

For example, you have an x8 slot wired for x8. But you lose four lanes due to bifurcation when you use a second x4 slot or use all MB SATA connectors.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.