Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 20-c023w (ENERGY STAR)

Ok so I have an hp all in one desktop, and have two codes in my system log and they are 03F0 and 0021 

So I entered the bios to preform the tests and the memory: test passed 

Storage test: no storage installed

Hard drive check: no hard drive installed. Check cables for connection.

So I opened it up and checked the HDD and unplugged it and reconnected it, and still not detecting it. 

I'm unsure of what to do at this point, I have a portable SSD that I can download windows to it,is there a way i can choose to boot this thing from the SSD if it's plugged into a USB slot? So I can bypass the black screen and get into the computer and check what's the deal from there. Is the HDD fried? I can power the system on and if I don't hit any keys the screen goes black and error: no boot device detected comes across the screen. I'm thinking the hard drive is toast and I need another. I have the factory 500gb disc and if anyone has suggestions on a 2Tb hard drive replacement I'd like opinions on wether to go with either another HDD or would a SSD replacement be better? Thanks for any info yall can help me out with. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Here are some guaranteed compatible SSD options for your PC. With the included adapter, they are direct replacements for your HDD.

https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/hp-20-c023w-all-in-one

At the Microsoft store online you can download the HP Cloud Recovery tool which will give you the ability to create a Windows installer, complete with drivers for your desktop PC.

You will need a USB flash drive of 32GB and the serial number of your PC to use the HP Cloud Recovery tool. See the label at the rear of your PC for the serial number and product number. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.