Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hello!

We recently upgraded to a new gaming HP Omen desktop and our old one Pavillion 570-p000nl is now not being used. Instead of recycling I'd wish to make it into a lightweight gaming PC for the living room. I already have a new psu (corsair 500w) and a new gpu (3050 6gb) that fits on the Lubin motherboard (psu only have a single screw aligning on the back of the pavillion but that wouldn't be an issue if I'd use a regular matx case), and the ram is already maxed out to 16gb. I have the i7 7700 incoming from ebay and honestly all the pc needs is a case swap at this point.

I understand that Lubin is a small mbo but would the motherboard case screws align with a regular matx NZXT (or any other aftermarket) case out there?

Thanks!

With love, Aury.
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi @Aury13 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

The Lubin MB is not a standard uATX (mATX) MB, Lubin dimensions: 20.5x22.0 cm (8.1x8.7 in).

Typical mATX MB dimensions are: 9.6 × 9.6 in (244 × 244 mm)

See Lubin specs at this Site.

I don't think the Lubin MB mounting points will line up with the MB case standoffs in a retail Mid Tower case.

MB case standoffs must align with the MB mounting points to avoid zapping the MB.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello!

Thanks for the answer.

Yikws, I was afraid that may be the case. I suppose I could relocate the mounting points by making new holes and relocating the metal bracket thingies (don't know how to call them, the golden coloured thingies) to accept Lubin, in worst case scenario.

I will, however hope someone succeeded before me and will wait for further replies, please! Maybe one or two fits and that would already be better than none. Keep the replies coming, please!

Thanks for the help so far!

With love, Aury.
HP Recommended

Hi @Aury13 

My pleasure.

I have never worked with this PC or MB. So I can only give possible pitfalls when moving the MB from the HP case to a different case.

Forgot to mention the Lubin rear I/O shield may be an integral part of the case, hence unremovable. 

This means you cannot move this shield to a different case.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for continued help!

I didn't think about that! In fact looking at the back, the rear IO is definitely part of the case! I suppose it could work without one, if one could ignore the aesthetics...

Honestly the more I think about it, the more it seems like a needless step to case swap. It's a lot of work, and everything already fits inside this one, the only slight issue is the Corsair psu that aligns with only a single screw hole on the back.

Still, I could probably just keep it as-is in the original case. I worry about thermals, but maybe once the i7 arrives I can put it all together and check, maybe they are not too bad! I know the 3050 6gb is only a 75w card and supposed to run cool, maybe I can get by not having numerous case fans.

Last question, if I may use your knowledge, however. About an hour ago, scrolling on websites about the 570, I came upon Crucial websites that states the 570-p000nl can take 32gb ram. 

I double checked the site you sent for Lubin mbo, where it states 16 is max, and then checked my specific 570 on HP specs where once again it says that 16gb is the max.

Do you maybe have knowledge if Crucial is right and the mbo can actually take double the ram, or is HP right?

Edit: This is the site in question https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp-compaq/pavilion-570-p000nl

With love, Aury.
HP Recommended

Hi @Aury13 

My pleasure.

I can't help with the memory capacity discrepancy.

You have a 50/50 chance.

I am pretty sure Crucial accepts returns and will do a refund if they recommend incompatible memory.

Check Crucial's: sales agreement and refund policy legalese for details.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I haven't even gave a thought it might work on the motherboard. I'll try borrowing a DDR4 stick from a friend that's 16gb, and just try with that one alone (so there's no issues with the other stick not working on the same speed etc) and will see if the pc boots and if all 16gb on that single slot is recognised or only 8 is.

Thank you so much for the help!

With love, Aury.
HP Recommended

Hi @Aury13 

My pleasure.

Let the Forum know how it goes.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi @Aury13 

I forgot to mention:

Try the free Crucial Memory Scanner. The scanner will examine your system and recommend compatible memory: speeds, timings, and capacities.

Your friend's memory may not be compatible with your PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

20240503_211941.jpg

Hello!

I know I took some time but here I'm done doing the recase and upgrading the processor and the ram.

Let's go over everything for other people that are interested in doing this.

The Lubin motherboard can only be installed on two mbo holders on the case, I installed top left and bottom right as this made the MBO stable and at the right angle (installing both right and left top made it not straight and installing GPU practically impossible), I removed the other two stands and used rubber blocks instead so to make sure the MBO doesnt touch the case.

The front panel is a an industry standard in terms fo wiring and every individual connection worked on the new case.

Of course the back plate of the mbo is a part of the original Pavillion 570 case and therefore it wasnt possible to remove it so I ended up without it.

The Lubin motherboard CAN take 32 gb of ram but however NOT at 2400, the ram downclocks to 2133 once more than 16 is installed. Here it works on 2x16GB G Skill Aegis, all 32 is recognized (well 31.8 by windows, rest is taken by I guess integrated gpu which you cant turn off in BIOS due to the limitations) and fully utilisable (tested in Photoshop), but as I said only if youre fine with suffering a speed decrease.

Connecting a different PSU is very simple, I am using a 500w Corsair non modular in this build but you can use whatever you want.

The stock cooler is good enough for the 7700 and due to the better airflow of the new case, the CPU in full stress test doesnt exceed 74 degrees, which is more than fine, but if you want a replacable cooler, you will need to remove the backplate on the motherboard (this is the next thing I wanna tackle, and install an AIO onto it).

The USB 3.0 works flawlessly on the new case. The frontal audio does as well but both are around GPU space (audio under, and usb 3.0 behind it) alongside the 24 pin power connector so although you are not limited in terms of power with the new PSU you are still limited in terms of size of the GPU you can install.

The integrated wifi/bluetooth adapter actually work fine without the anntennae that were installed in the original Pavillion case. I guess I probably lost some connection strength, but a room away from the modem and Im getting 4 ticks, which is more than enough for my tastes. I didnt try the bluetooth since I dont use it but its turnable on and I can only guess it would work just as fine.

That's basically all! 

With love, Aury.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.