Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion HPE h9-1190ez Phoenix Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there!

That was the question to the HP support, but i'm not sure i get the problem solved because it's out of warranty. Because of that, i also ask here in the HP community for a possible solution:

`Hello How do I get into the BIOS? At startup you can press the "Esc"-key for the boot menu. But this is not possible. Nothing works, if I press Num-Lock, Caps-Lock or Scroll-Lock on the keyboard, then the state of the LEDs above the num changes. key block does not change in the least. But under Windows the keyboard works. So: What do I have to do to get into the BIOS? Thanks for the clarification. You are welcome to tell me by mail, then I have it in writing in my inbox! Kind regards, ...`

Hope you understand the deepl translation from german to english. otherwise: don't hesitate to as me for more details.

Thank you very much! 🙂

With best regards from Switzerland,

Jan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@intro_dev 

To access the basic BIOS settings, press the F10 key repeatedly while rebooting. This should bring up the first of the settings screen.

You can not access Advanced settings because this is not possible on HP PCs.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.