Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager
Linux

Hello community,

we installed the HP Device Manager (HPDM) 5.0.7, as we want to deploy ThinPro 7.1 images and profiles on our thin clients.

All the devices in our company have static IPs.

Now, the problem is that the profiles also contain the network settings.

Deploying a profile on a thin client will overwrite the static IPs. Leaving the network settings empty in the profile will clear the settings instead of leaving the old ones.

In the Administrator Guide to HP ThinPro 7.0 under Registry Key Description is written:

HP does not recommend using Static in a
generic client profile because it will cause all thin clients to
receive the same IP address.

Is there any way to deploy profiles with all settings except the network settings, so that the static IP won't get overwritten?

Thanks!

Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well, it seems like there is no such functionality, as I got no answers.

MY SOLUTION:

I will deploy whole images instead of only profiles.

This will keep the network settings unchanged, but apply all other settings.

Have a nice day!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello again,

unfortunately, I have not found a solution for deploying profiles yet.

But by accident I found out that when deploying an image (which includes a profile) on my test ThinClient, the network settings stay the same.

(EDIT: I did however not Check the Checkbox "keep HP ThinPro Configuration". All settings except the network settings have successfully been applied)

I don't know if this behavior is by design, but maybe this will work for me. I'll do some more tests.

Maybe someone knows how to do this with the profile only?

Thanks!

Jonas

HP Recommended

Well, it seems like there is no such functionality, as I got no answers.

MY SOLUTION:

I will deploy whole images instead of only profiles.

This will keep the network settings unchanged, but apply all other settings.

Have a nice day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.