Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 700-414
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Anyone want to share their experience with the creators update for PC? Any HP Envy 700-414's?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It messed up the audio on some of my HP desktop and notebook PC's.

The audio worked, but it was replaced by the generic W10 HD audio driver in all PC's.

I had to reinstall the audio drivers.

Some of my PC's have no W10 audio drivers, so I had to reinstall the audio drivers for the most recent supported operating system available on the support page.

A total of 4 desktop (dc7800, 8000 Elite and two 8200 Elite's -- Realtek HD audio) and 1 notebook PC (350 G1 -- IDT HD audio) were affected.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the feedback. Did you force the update or was it available in your Windows update?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I took the update the day it came out (a week ago last Tuesday).

I tried it on my 8200 Elite test PC and saw that the audio driver got replaced with the generic MS driver.

The fix was simple...download and install the Realtek audio driver directly from Realtek.

Then I did the other 8200 and 8000, and installed the same audio driver from Realtek.

The dc7800, being a bit older, I had to install the ADI Soundmax audio driver for W7.

Fortunately, it still worked on the Creator's update.

Then my HP 350 G1...reinstalled the W8.1 IDT HD audio driver and fortunately, it too, worked.

Many notebook and desktop PC's with the IDT audio, have lots of issues when upgrading to W10, and then upgrading to the newer versions of W10.

Those are the only side effects I encountered thus far.

My only complaint is they took the link to the control panel from the Windows start menu, when you right click on the Windows icon on the lower left of the taskbar.

Since I use the control panel often, I had to put a shortcut to it on the taskbar of all of my PC's.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.