Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Should look at my post from:   ‎08-20-2015 06:27 AM

HP Recommended

Thanks, corg11. Worked exactly as you said for my 10 year old Presario. One caution: Microsoft says to remove the DVD after the installation starts. Don't comply until at least the 30% progress is reached or it may abort the installation.

HP Recommended

Worked Fine for me

Did not have to burn a DVD, just pressed the Download Button and Windows 10 downloaded and then installed. I am not an expert so the purists may claim that somewhere along the line I burnt a "Virtual DVD".

My PC worked without the new driver but the resolution was very low - and I did not test with anything really clever.

Download of /82758 worked fine and after installation resolution was fine. - One word of warning,  /82758 did not claim to be a Windows 10 driver but it had worked.

On first proper (automatic) boot there was a popup warning that display would not working properly until a driver was found and downloaded and indicated that it was trying to find the driver - but after 15 mins I gave up waiting and dowloaded /82758 by hand

HP Recommended

@camper913 wrote:

When will HP put out a update to this Display card so we can upgrade to windows 10. This card is in a lot of HP computers and they cannot upgrade to windows 10. This is the only item that is holding me back from upgrade.

HP Recommended

Thank you corgi11 for listing the correct video driver to install so that we can upgrade an old HP computer with the NVIDIA GeForce 61500SE nForce 430 display card to Windows 10!

I can also verify that you can upgrade your old HP computer to Windows 10 if you your old computer has the NVIDIA GeForce 61500SE nForce 430 display card.  Long story short, I help my aunt run the system restore to get the hard drive and software back to its original state on her old HP Pavilion Slimline s5713w Desktop PC, then I ran the Windows 10 upgrade, then I installed the 64-bit GeForce 309.08 Driver at http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/82758 and her computer is running better than ever.  Not sure why but I had to download the Windows 10 upgrade ISO file at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 and run the Windows 10 upgrade from a DVD for the online upgrade would not work.  To prove I am running her old HP Pavilion Slimline s5713w Desktop PC on Windows 10 and with the NVIDIA GeForce 61500SE nForce 430 display card I am attaching a screenshot showing you the evidence.  Good luck and be thankful you found this thread for a working solution since HP support is not offering any solutions.

Windows 10 With NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 Driver.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Corg11!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion! IT WORKED really fine!!!:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

I ran the tool and it went through all the preliminary installation processes and eventually said something to the affect that it couldn't do something with the partition or something. It didn't work for me.

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot, the link works perfectly. Installed the 64 bit driver in Windows 10 successfully and now able to use the video at its full resolution. Thanks!

Technology Leadership Consultant, CTIO
HP Recommended

I;ve read all the above posts about getting win 10 on a computer with the nvida geforce 6150se nforce430 video card but have a major question regarding updating vs upgrading.

MS prompts me to upgrade to win 10 so all my programs/data/etc. will remain after the win 10 update.  When i click the win 10 upgrade icon, i get the message that i cant upgrade due to the video card.  

All the posts imply tha tto get win 10 you have to do a Win 10 install from DVD.  They say it will update win 10  but say nothing about still having my progams/data/etc. still in place.

1.  Does this mean that I have to lose and reinstall all my programs/data/settings in order to update to Win 10 on this computer?

2.  If I download the "new" win 10 compatible driver before updating/upgrading to win 10, will win 10 find it or does it still have to be reninstalled after installation?

HP Recommended

Hi:

You can still upgrade using a W10 DVD, and keep your compatible programs, files and settings.

You don't boot from the DVD. 

Run it from the windows desktop, and it will ask you if you want to upgrade, and if you want to keep your current programs, files and settings.

You select yes to those questions and the upgrade will begin.

The DVD does not check for hardware compatibility which is why you have to use the DVD you make, rather than going to the immediate update section.

Then you install the latest graphics drivers as posted in this thread after W10 is installed.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.