cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
TARIC1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Error Message BIOHD-8 and BIOHD-1

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion Model p6310f
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently upgraded my OS to Windows 10, and computer has been working well. I Started having unscheduled shutdowns but always restarted ok. Then I got the error message BIOHD-8 and backed up my hard drive. Soon after the drive failed completely. I installed a new Seagate 3T drive and the new drive gave me the same error. I installed a new SSD and put the OS on this drive and used the Seagate for data. When I ran a diagnostic test (F9 on start up) the Seagate now showed BIOHD-1 error. A few days later the computer failed to recognise the drive completely and the diagnostics indicated the drive has failed. BIOHD-1

I took the drive out and used an external USB case and the computer again recognised the F; drive. I am backing up my data since I am not sure if it will fail again.

I am concerned that the system will crash again so I need some advice. I have read on this forum that the problem is with the motherboard but my technician did a complete diagnostic on the MB plus all systems and they check out OK.

Should I just throw this computer out and get a new more reliable system or is there a fix for my Pavillion?

3 REPLIES 3
Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 12,560 1,400 2,012
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TARIC1,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting an error message on your HP Desktop PC. I'll try my best to help you with this.

I did a bit of research and found that Biohd-8 and Biohd-1 errors are related to the hard drive.

In this scenario, I would suggest you connect this hard drive to another computer and check if it's getting detected If it's detected run the test on the hard drive.

Here's a related HP post with the same error, click here

Let me know how it goes for further assistance.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with your and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards, 

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TARIC1
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The error message BIOHD -1 caused a complete failure of the computer. I had to reinstall Windows 10 and reload all my programmes. I then started getting an error Ox80070426. I was finally able to get rid of this error but my computer still doesn't work as it did before. On booting up I press the F9 button to go to diagnostics but it fails every time. I think this has to do with the bios. Does anyone have information on this? My video editing software Studio 20 is now not showing my editing buttons on the toolbar. Is there a connection here?

Jeet_singh
Retired
Retired
21,068 12,560 1,400 2,012
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @TARIC1,

Thanks for replying,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

As I understand you are getting an error message while performing a test from the Hardware diagnostics screen, have you made a note of the failure ID as this will help us in assisting you further before you contact our HP phone support, let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset

Reseat the Hard drive cables and ensure that they are firmly connected to the ports

Depending on the test results, I would suggest you contact our HP phone support for further assistance, please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, 

mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation