cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The HP Calculator Community Message Board is moving. While we prepare for the move, we are unable to accept new postings. During the move, you can look for help from other users by visiting https://www.hpmuseum.org/ . Or if you need technical support for your calculator visit: HP Calculators. .
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
42shibas
4 3 0 1
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post

Solved!

HP All in One 23 bo3oz: Start PXE over IPv4 message at startup

HP Recommended

My Hp All in one 23 b030z is giving me an error message.  Here's how it appears on the screen.

Start PXE over IPv4

PXE-E18 server response timeout.

Start PXE over IPv6

Then it freezes after that .  I appreciate any help you can give.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jaco1x4
Level 9
2,376 2,252 169 518
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI 42shibas,

You're very welcome.

Happy Computing!

Jaco

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
7 REPLIES 7
jaco1x4
Level 9
2,376 2,252 169 518
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi42shibas,

This error message typically happens as your PC cannot find a bootable drive and attempts to boot from the network controller.

What operating system are you using (Win 7, Win 8 0r Win 8.1)?

Tap escape at boot and select "Boot Device Options". Here are some instructions to assist.

What devices are available for booting? If only network boot  devices are available your MBR could be corrupted or the HDD may have failed.

Here are some troubleshooting tips.

Jaco

42shibas
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jaco, 

I'm using Win8.1.  Only IPv4 and IPv6 come up.  Legacy  boot sources comes up but there isn't any options under it.   I did the HP diagnostic  check on the hard drive.  It says  smart check not installed, and dst not installed.  Thanks.

jaco1x4
Level 9
2,376 2,252 169 518
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 42shibas,

Is your HDD detected in setup (BIOS)? Is your CD/DVD drive detected in setup? You stated it was not available as a boot device. Try resetting the BIOS to defaults from the BIOS "File Menu".

You could check power and data connections to your HDD. Here are instructions on accessing and replacing a HDD for your PC.

Jaco

42shibas
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Jaco, 

I was able to locate the boot order, I moved the hard drive to the top, followed by the cd drive followed by the ethernet.  I still get the same results.  I tried resetting back to defaults and still nothing.  I'm afraid you're right about the hard drive giving up.  I will have to order the recovery disks and a new hard drive.  Do you happen to know what physical size the hard drive is?  I'm guessing 3.5 inches.  If not I can open it up and check before I get one.  Thank you for all your help.  Luckily I was able to back everything up 3 days ago when I was still running but acting up.  Thanks again.

jaco1x4
Level 9
2,376 2,252 169 518
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi 42shibas,

You are welcome.

it is a standard 3.5 inch internal HDD. You can replace with a 1TB or 2 TB HDD.

Here are the options you had at purchase:

Must select one of the following options:

• 500 GB 7200 rpm SATA
  • 1 TB 7200 rpm SATA
  • 1.5 TB 7200 rpm SATA

Jaco

42shibas
Author
4 3 0 1
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks again for all your help Jaco.  You've made this a lot easier. 

jaco1x4
Level 9
2,376 2,252 169 518
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HI 42shibas,

You're very welcome.

Happy Computing!

Jaco

View solution in original post

ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation