Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

929-fatal mca error cb0/llc2 error detected cpu 0 memory hierarchy error

HP Z820 getting this error message

any one can help me to solve this issue.

thx

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Did you solve your problem? I have the same issue on z240 workstation.

HP Recommended

Hello All,

This morning I experienced the same error on a 420z workstation. It had 1 4GB DIMM HP branded RAM installed. I updated the BIOS to the latest version, here is the link: 

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5225034&swItemId=wk_145137_1&swEnvOid=405...

This didn't help much, but it did change the error screen which initially brought me here. I saw that nobody reall had the solution yet, so I got on the horn with HP, as the machine was still under warranty, she advised that I change the RAM. I pulled the 4GB stick out and replaced it with spares (HP branded), so far the issue is resolved. I am waiting for the warranty RAM to get here now. 

She said that along with the BIOS and MEMORY, a faulty video card might also be the issue. 

Hope this helps

HP Recommended

I'm experiencing a similar error:

929-Fatal MCA error.

CB0/LLC3 error detected CPU 0

Memory hierarchy error

Any updates on a solution?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.