cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
GraapeSodaa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

How can I dedicate more RAM to my graphics card?

HP Recommended

I'm fairly sure this question gets thrown around a lot, but I can't really find an answer that helps my situation. 
So, I have an HP Pavilion p6-2480ea and I have 6 GB of RAM, but only 32 MB of this is dedicated to my graphics card. So I was just wondering if I could dedicate more RAM to my video card? I have an Intel Integrated Graphics card, so I'm not sure as to whether that's going to hinder me.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,993 10,972 1,024 3,118
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Normally that setting is in the BIOS on a desktop.  Now bear in mind also that OEM motherboards may not have the luxury of allowing the user to that area of the settings.  Check that setting ( allotment of shared memory with the onboard video graphics )  If there is no area for that setting, it might be a better option to add a video card to the system.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
2 REPLIES 2
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,993 10,972 1,024 3,118
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Normally that setting is in the BIOS on a desktop.  Now bear in mind also that OEM motherboards may not have the luxury of allowing the user to that area of the settings.  Check that setting ( allotment of shared memory with the onboard video graphics )  If there is no area for that setting, it might be a better option to add a video card to the system.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

View solution in original post

Big_Dave
Level 15
28,006 27,418 1,811 5,053
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

The memory allocation for video use is dynamic with the Intel integrated graphics processor.  Try depressing ctrl+alt+F12 and if this works then the Intel Graphics Control Panel will open so that you can view the allocation min, max and in use.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 10 x64
Custom PC - Z590, i7-11700K, 32GB, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation