cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
frearjr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 11
Flag Post

Killit.exe

HP Recommended

can anyone tell me if Killit.exe is a virus or maleware or is this a legitimate hp program

10 REPLIES 10
Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 2 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

This file is part of HP Recovery program which You may find in following path: C:\HP\Bin\KillIt.exe.

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
TimFine
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My anti-virus saw this file as an infected file and removed it.  Where can I get a copy of this file to replace it?

Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 4 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

Check Quarantine in Your antivirus. Maybe it's not removed, but only moved there.

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
ryan34543
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i also deleted hp bin killit.exe  because avast said it was a virus.  How do i get it back?

Daniel_Potyrala
Level 13
10,920 10,832 772 4,465
Message 6 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Maybe you did not delete it, but just move it to avast Virus Chest.

Check is it available there and if yes then just restore it and flag it as false positive file.

Resource:

How to use the Virus Chest in avast!

ryan34543
5 4 0 0
Message 7 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no i definitely deleted it.  avast asked me what i wanted to do, and i hit 1 for delete.  what does this killit.exe file do and how i get it back??

ryan34543
5 4 0 0
Message 8 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

answer me!!

ryan34543
5 4 0 0
Message 9 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

bump

StarfireSD
1 1 0 0
Message 10 of 11
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I too have deleted Killit.exe and have checked my virus chest on Avast.

The program is gone.

Where can I download it as I can't roll my system back to a previous date before the deletion.

Please help me asap.

Tags (1)
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation