Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I think I've found the answer to the old "Check USB Connection" problem. After spending 2 hours with the god awful HP tech support with no solution (one India rep was actually yelling at me, the other just read through the online support documents), I ended up figuring it out on my own. For some odd reason I thought about the old 64-bit problem that sometimes hinders some programs. So I rebooted in 32-bit and the APS software worked just fine. Did my calibration and booted back into 64-bit. My display is only a couple weeks old and the calibration already adjusted the brightness so it appears calibrating even a new monitor is worth it. BTW, I'm using a Mac--don't know if Windows will give you option to reboot in 32 bit mode to do the calibration.

HP Recommended

Hi,

today I got a solution from hp tech support:

There is a new MacOS kernel extension for the LP2480zx available (works on 64 Bit MacOS 10.6.5):

"HP DreamColor Kernel Extension.pkg"

This solves the USB connection problems reported earlier by Jean and me.

Refer tech support ( hpsupport_global@hp.com ) to my case number 4620862826 if you have the same problem.

Hardi

HP Recommended

Hi Jean,

today I got a solution from hp tech support:

There is a new MacOS kernel extension for the LP2480zx available (works on 64 Bit MacOS 10.6.5):

"HP DreamColor Kernel Extension.pkg"

This solves the USB connection problems between Mac Pro and the lp2480zx.

Refer tech support ( hpsupport_global@hp.com ) to my case number 4620862826 if you have the same problem.

Hardi

HP Recommended

Hi Andy,

I'm also having the same issue of dreamcolor not recognizing the USB, although I'm running xp64 instead of  win7.  I'm also using HP's APS.  I've reset to factory default, hard off/on, un-installed/re-installed program, tried different usb cables, updated to latest firmware. None of these things have fixed this issue.

The interesting thing is, I'm able to calibrate the cinema display I'm also using on this system, going through the LP2480zx.  The keyboard, mouse and eye are all connected through the LP2480zx. This cinema display calibrates fine.

Have you had any luck getting your monitor to see the USB connection.  Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Clay

UPDATE:  I figured out a work around for this problem.  While not actually fixing this problem, it allowed me to re-calibrate my monitor and get on with actual work.  My solution was to hook my Dreamcolor monitor to a computer running regular Windows XP 32bit.  After I did this, I was able to calibrate my monitor correctly.  I tried this after talking to two other people who said they had the same problem with the Dreamcolor/APS setup hooked to a 64bit systems, and they were able to calibrate by shifting the monitor to a 32bit system. 

This is not an elegant solution, and most likely, not everyone has multiple computers running different operation systems, but it is a work around.  Anyway, I hope this helps others who are having this same USB connection problem. 

Clay

HP Recommended

I have a mac with a decklink running HD-SDI to a blackmagic HDlink, which spits out a DisplayPort signal to my dreamcolor. 

My understanding was that one needs Windows to run the APS software, but I see that figure 1a in this forum is running on a mac... Are you using a windows emulator for your mac?

Also, is anyone using a similar setup with SDI out of their computer and successfully using the APS?

Thanks,

aa

HP Recommended
Hi--same problem, same [bleep] from HP support. Equipment setup is NOT the issue, because the APS DOES calibrate the monitor if you tell it that you are NOT profiling an LP2480zx! Unfortunately, this doesn't set the LUTs in the monitor, nor that the calibration has been performed, so my Dreamcolor monitor complains that it hasn't been calibrated in hundreds of hours. At least it creates an ICC file for some color control, but while my desktop looks better I'm still SOL in PhotoShop. HP or X-RITE, PLEASE FIX THIS!
HP Recommended

I've been having problems with the calibration software crashing on snow leopard but thought it may have been a permissions problem. I've since done a fresh install of Mountain Lion on my Mac Pro (2008) and the calibration software v 2.1.0 crashes. It doesn't crash on my MacBookPro 2011 (Lion) when calibrating the integrated screen. Does anyone have an idea of what the problem might be?

I'll try to reach HP for this but I have a feeling that I'll be pulling my teeth...

Regards

Jean Déraps

HP Recommended

Hi All

I have the HP Dream Color and a HP LP2480zx  as well as the HP LP2475w.  I have had great service from the 2475 for many years which is why I recently bought the 2480 and the latest calibrator. Sadly the "old" 2475 still calibrates perfectly but the 2480 has a green tint no matter what I try. I have no problem with the USB connection. Please advise a solution if you can? 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.