Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I need to find the MAC address for the HP 2540 printer I just bought.  I use a MAC address filter on my router.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi Sohlberg,

I understand you need to find the MAC address for your printer. While I do not know a great deal about the subject, this article seems promising: How to Find a Printer's MAC Address. Hopefully one of the suggestions will be of help to you. Best of luck.

Ryan1216
I work on behalf of HP

The advice and opinions given here are my own and not those of HP
HP Recommended

No, this did not give me enough information.  I had to disable my MAC address filter to allow my printer to printer the configuration.  After I got the information, I entered the MAC address and re-enabled the MAC filter.  It is very disturbing that one has to undo the security setup in order to connect a printer.  The MAC address should be readily available on the device as it is on most devices. 

HP Recommended

If you work on behalf of HP, how about a straight answer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Thank you everyone for being members of the HP Support community.  I gather that you would like to learn how to find the printer’s MAC address.

The MAC address can be found by printing out the network configuration page.  I’ve included the document Printing a Network Configuration Page.  You can also print the status report and it will also have the MAC address on it.  The steps to get the printer status report are found below (I copied the information from the The Carriage Jams and the Attention Light and Both Cartridge Lights Blink document):

Print a test page:

1. Load clean, white U.S. Letter or A4 paper in the input tray, if necessary.
  2. Press and hold the Start CopyBlack button ( ) and the Start Copy Color button ( ) at the same time. The test page prints.

I hope this helps everyone.

--------------------------
Regards,
Happytohelp
Please click the Thumbs Up to show you like my post or to say thanks!

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Pressing both buttons (color/bw) simultanesly does not provide any MAC address; the output is as sollows:

---snip---

HP Deskjet 2540 series

Serial Number: CN2A***********

Service ID: 25014

FW Revision: CBP1FN1325AR (secure)

FLOWS Revision: OFFICIAL

Patch Revision: 0

Total Engine Page Count: 162

FB Page Count: 0/0

ASIC: 00000000

Mfg 0-2: 000000000000    T val: 191

ErrorCode:00000000

---snip---

The stars/asterisks in Serial are replaced by me; but no MAC address is shown 😞

What can I do to gain the MAC?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.