Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Around a weak ago my ethernet-car in my laptop Pavilon DV9700 and I'm stared getting "PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not match: message during start-up. From this time I can't install my ethernet driver. Windows see it as 'ehernet driver' but it doesn't work. I tried flashing bios - no resoults. Please advice.

Regards,

Martin

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hi,

PXE-E01: PCI Vendor and Device IDs do not match!
This message should never be seen in a production BIOS. When the system BIOS initializes a PCI option ROM, it is supposed to pass the PCI bus/device/function numbers in the AX register. If the PCI device defined in the AX register does not match the UNDI device, this error is displayed.

This indeed a BIOS issue. Go into BIOS to see if it is possible to disable the PXE Boot ROM. You probably don't use it anyway. It is for use in a network environment. 

regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Unfortunatelly there is nothing to allow me disable this option..."LAN boot" is disable by default, there is nothing more there...

Thx for trying anyway...

HP Recommended

Hi,

If your desktop is in warranty, contact an HP service center.

If your pc is out of the warranty period just purchase a PCI network card 10/100 or gigabit type and install it.They are inexpensive.

If possible disable the onboard NIC from within BIOS setup to make the message go away.

You can uninstall it from within the control panel but unfortunately the BIOS message comes before the Windows startup, so it would only be effective when booted into Windows.

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
This is LAPTOP computer, that's why it is a problem...otherwise I would just get PCI ethernet card as you said...
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.