Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP All-In-One 24-g237c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Our All-In-One came with an integrated camera. It used to work but all of a sudden it stopped and all apps were crashing including Microsoft Store. I was able to fix the app issue and reinstall the camera app but now when I try to launch the camera, I get the error: 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>

I've tried all of the troubleshooting. At first the camera was not listed in our Device Manager but now it shows up under the hidden devices as HP Webcam but it's grayed out. When I double click, I get this in the status:

Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)

To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.

There is no option to rollback the driver and when I search for a driver on the HP website there is none for our computer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@pierson0122 

here's a few steps to resolve the issue, start with checking for the webcam kill switch (if available on your model) and ensure its turned on,

That said, you might need to uninstall the webcam driver.

To do this, open Device Manager > right-click on the device > select Properties > switch to Driver tab > click on Uninstall Device button.

Restart your computer and then open Device Manager again and click on Action > Scan for hardware changes. (this would automatically reinstall the best drivers for it)

Once done, I suggest you install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

1. Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
  2. Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
  3. Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

None of this worked. Before I uninstalled the device, it showed up under "Hidden Devices". Now that I've uninstalled it, it's not listed anywhere. It was listed under "Camera" and then "HP Camera" but grayed out.

When I search for a driver on the HP website, there isn't one for my computer. HP All-in-One - 24-g237c

I also do not have a system restore point to go back to when it was working. 

HP Recommended

@pierson0122 Ideally, the device driver would auto-reinstall once the desktop is restarted, since that isn't working, we may have a hardware malfunction within the webcam and I suggest you talk to HP support and discuss your options, follow the below steps to get started:

1) Click on this link - http://www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Click on Sign-in or select the product using the below step:

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Click on "Show Options".

Fill the web-form, to populate a case number and phone number for yourself!

Also, if you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty, if yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from, 

here's how private messages work: Click here for details.

If you wish to thank me for my efforts, you could click on "Accept as solution" on my post as the solution should help others too.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.