Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Omen 30L
Microsoft Windows 11

I was wondering If my am4 omen 30l will take the upgrade from a ryzen 5 3600 to a ryzen 7 5800x3d

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@21_Shah,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Unfortunately, you cannot.

These are the only processors compatible with your OMEN 30L as fitted with a Moria3 motherboard (SSID: 87C3) :

NonSequitur777_0-1712348150582.png

The Ryzen 9 3900 (12-Cores, 24-Threads, 3.10 GHz up to 4.30 GHz) being the best processor you could pick.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@21_Shah,

Unfortunately, you cannot.

These are the only processors compatible with your OMEN 30L as fitted with a Moria3 motherboard (SSID: 87C3) :

NonSequitur777_0-1712348150582.png

The Ryzen 9 3900 (12-Cores, 24-Threads, 3.10 GHz up to 4.30 GHz) being the best processor you could pick.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same question and found this post. Is there a reason why? The Moria3 Motherboard (SSID:87C3) is an AM4 socket board and all of the upgrade options lie within that parameter, yes. But the Ryzen 7 5800X3D is also AM4, so why is it not compatible. Is it a power issue? Can you not just upgrade the PSU? Can the motherboard not work with a higher watt PSU? I would like some more clarity onto why this is before I start looking to buy another motherboard.

HP Recommended

@xpert2245,

You said it: the primary reason why an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D is not compatible with your Omen 30L is because its 105-watt TDP is far above your Moria3 TDP's specs: "TDP: up to 65 W".

Another reason may very well be HP's microcode which limits this motherboard to the four AM4 processors as listed.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.