Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought Ryzen 5 2600 I tried replacing for the Ryzen 3 3200g integrated Vega graphics. But when I changed it the screen just turned black. I tried uptading my graphics driver. Maybe it’s the bios but I don’t know how to update that

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @David7961 

The existing PSU, HP installed in your PC at the factory, will work with all CPUs in the HP CPU upgrade list provided in my previous response.

Regards.

View solution in original post

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hi @David7961 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

TG01-0xxx is a generic HP PC product ID. You would have to provide a specific HP product ID to check your PC's specs.

So I don't know if your PC has a discrete graphics card since the 3200G CPUs have integrated graphics. 

So either: you would need a discrete graphics card, if your PC does not have this, for the PC to POST using a 2600 CPU, or the 2600 is not detected by the BIOS.

Regards

HP Recommended

My pc has a discreted gtx 1650 so I basically have two gpus

HP Recommended

Hi @David7961 

Your MB may not support the CPU change you have made if you have a 1650 graphics card.

Providing your PC's product number would verify this.

HP Recommended

Product Id: 00325-81475-88575-AAOEM

HP Recommended

HI @David7961 

Please use this HP Site to identify your HP Desktop PC.

Regards

HP Recommended

It’s  7NB67EA#UUW

HP Recommended

Hi @David7961 

Thanks for the product number.

Your PC's MB does not support a 2600.

Check MB specs (Processor upgrade information) at this HP Site.

Regards

HP Recommended

so what does my mb support

HP Recommended

Hi @David7961 

Your MB supports the following CPUs:

CPU Upgrade.png

The 3700X would be  a good upgrade since your PC has a discrete graphics card.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.